Many times when you see a truly stunning property, more often than not it will also have a great hardscaping design. Choosing the right hardscape design will undoubtedly add the “wow” factor to your home. And unlike your landscaping, your hardscaping will probably be there for a long time, that is why we suggest to plan what you want. But how do you go about choosing the perfect design to match your home?
When planning your hardscaping design consider these factors:
- What is the purpose? While the decorative purpose might be the first one that comes to mind, what would be the purpose of the design? Is it to create a walkway? A seating area? or to highlight something in your garden?
- What is the ambience you want? Whether it be a small or big design, what kind of look are you going for? If you want it to match your house and landscaping, you have to decide on a matching or complementing style. Choose the right materials! You should also consider that you could install something more in the future so don’t choose something that will make it harder for a future addition.
- Does it match your landscaping? Similar to the complementing the style of your home, you need to consider the landscaping. A great tip is to create curves instead of straight lines.
- Budget: You can add hardscaping features to your home even on a tight budget. But as you are choosing what to install keep your budget in mind, so there are no surprises.
- Maintenance: Just like your budget, consider the upkeep for your additions. A sidewalk could just require regular cleaning, but things like fireplaces and ponds may cost more to maintain.
Beautiful hardscaping can create a luxurious atmosphere. With great hardscaping you could also create your own “staycation.” Give Sacra Custom Homes a call for your next project! We work in Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Lake Anna, King George and more!