So you have decided to build a new home! Building a new home is an exciting journey, but it can also be a bit challenging. Creating your home from scratch requires you to make a lot of decisions, but while it is challenging, you have the opportunity to control everything and get exactly what you want. One of the decisions you have to make is choosing a lot.
Sacra Custom Homes can assist you in finding a lot. We provide new construction homes near Lake Anna, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and more. And we have worked with various communities in those areas, so we are familiar with the land. But you also have the choice to go on your own and choose your own lot! We can build on the lot you provide. So once you start searching for a lot, we suggest you keep in mind these five things:
- Research the neighborhood. This is probably the #1 thing people do when picking a lot. Not only research if it’s a good neighbor but also figure out how far away is the closest shopping center, hospital, school and your commute to work.
- Where is it located in the subdivision? The location of the lot will determine the noise and the privacy your family will get. But there are pros and cons to the location. For example, if your lot is close to the entrance, there will be more noise, but you will be able to get out quicker.
- What are the taxes like in your subdivision? What are the HOA fees? Are there any other fees?
- How is the land? Your lot could have a lot of rock outcroppings or embankments that could make it hard to build on.
- Does the lot have site restrictions or limitations? Are there certain things that you can’t build according to the land or the HOA?
When finding the lot for your home, we hope you keep these tips in mind. You want your home to be perfect, and the lot that it sits on will decide a lot of things. Once you are ready to design your new custom home, give Sacra Custom Homes a call at 540-582-2397. We are custom home builders in Lake Anna, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George and more.