Hello and welcome back again to our blog! Building your first home can be overwhelming since it’s a whole new territory! While many homeowners might know the basic questions, some might have no clue what to look for and what to ask a home builder.
We usually get all kinds of questions about what goes into building a new home, how long it takes, who will be there, etc. And we are always happy to answer them! But if you are looking to build your new home and are not sure about the questions to ask, this list can help you figure out what it is that you should be asking!
- Are you licensed and insured in the state? In this case, it would be the state of Virginia.
- What are your professional qualifications?
- How many years of experience do you have? The more the merrier!
- How many homes do you build a year?
- Have you worked in the area before?
- Do you or your preferred lender have incentives?
- How and when can I make changes to my design?
- Can I take a look at your model homes? You can see the work up close before you sign the contract.
- What is your warranty?
- Will there be any price changes and why?
- What is included in the price?
- Can I see references of past clients?
- Who are your subcontractors?
- Who oversees the construction of the home?
- How often will we stay in touch? Who should I communicate with?
- Will I get updates of the home? How often? Can I visit the site?
- How long will my home take to complete? Should I expect any delays?
- How do you ensure that I don’t exceed my budget?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can I see a sample of your contract?
We are happy to answer these questions and more! We hope that you choose us to build your home in Lake Anna, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, or anywhere else in the surrounding counties. Contact us and let’s start talking!