Forget everything you thought you knew about boathouses. Today, boathouses are more than just a shed on the water to store your boat. Boathouses have become a mini home away from home for many boat owners. And at Sacra Custom Homes, we want to build you a boathouse that offers a secure place for your boat and a relaxing place for you to entertain your guests or family. Our custom boathouses near Lake Anna will blow your mind out of the water.
Here are a few things to consider when building your new boathouse:
1. Consider a rooftop deck. Rooftop decks are a modern design that adds a place for entertaining and lounging on your houseboat. Rooftop decks are perfect for lounging around and enjoying the scenic views of the lake. An elevated space to hang out can balance the overall design and structure of your boathouse. Rooftop decks are an easy addition to any boathouse.
2. Add a cottage extension. Adding a cottage extension to boathouses has become a common trend. A cottage extension could mean adding large rooms or small private quarters to create a cozy getaway. A cottage extension could include a bathroom, kitchen, living room, and bedroom. The possibilities are endless. Many custom boathouses near Lake Anna are built with a cottage extension.
3. Create an all-seasons outdoor deck. Our custom boathouses near Lake Anna are designed for more than just the summer months. Why shouldn’t you enjoy your boathouse year-round? Consider adding an all-seasons outdoor deck equipped with a fireplace. This design will make your houseboat the perfect place to hang out all year round. A fireplace will keep you and your family warm while you enjoy the cooler temps of Virginia.
4. Don’t forget about the interior. The interior design of your boathouse is critical to the overall aesthetic of your boathouse. Custom boathouses near Lake Anna are designed for comfort and relaxation. Consider a warm interior furnished with your favorite styles and colors. Choosing colors that compliment nature creates a cozy cottage that you will never want to leave. The interior design of your boathouse can be extravagant, or it can be simple – the choice is yours.
5. Design a space for making good food. A boathouse equipped with an outside bbq space or indoor kitchen becomes the perfect spot for entertaining. When considering the architecture of your boat, a place for cooking should be at the top of your priority list. Being able to cook without leaving your boathouse gives your guests or family the option to hang out on the water all day.
When building a boathouse, you will only want to deal with architects and contractors who specialize in building on or near the water. We have a team of professionals who specialize in marine construction on Lake Anna. When designing your boathouse, your input and ideas are our number one priority. Call our office today to speak with one of your professionals. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more ideas on your new houseboat, check out some marine construction on Lake Anna by Sacra Custom Homes here.